Maoy sa Mayo?
Mayo is a lot of things, but it's never Maoy!
The month started with a blast, with the busyness that comes with the Fiesta in our barangay, the reunions in the first week, the never-ending birthdays in our family, and the constant need to spend money, which, even though it happens every May, I still get surprised by it.
With all the activities I have mentioned above, if I see things through a negative lens, there are many things to 'maoy' about. However, what might be physically and financially exhausting is still worth all the effort and money because I was able to reconnect with my friends, elementary classmates, family, and most of all with myself.
❌️Maoy sa Mayo
✅️Maayo jud ang Mayo!
And even if every day of the month is a busy day, nothing compares with what happened on the 30th and 31st of May.
We went to a literal 'Maoy sa Mayo,' and what I thought was the highlight of the night was Arthur Nery x Khel Pangilinan's performance, or the mindblowing fireworks after, I was extremely wrong! There was so much more to it that I forcefully vowed to share it only with my future grandchildren 50 years from now.
It was an adventure of a lifetime with a very special someone, with God in the middle of it. Even my fairly creative mind can't concoct the craziness of the situation. The missed chances we witnessed, the roller coaster of emotions that we felt, and the crazy side quests we were entrusted to.
Few people even clapped at us, though it was for a bad reason.
We got scared at first, laughed at the absurdity of the situation, got angry for a moment, embarrassed for a while, felt confused, and sighed in relief when we ended up at church and talked about what just happened 2 and a half hours later.
Though I wouldn't choose to experience that thing again in the early hours of the day, I wouldn't choose any other person to go through it than the most handsome, the kindest, the most protective guy I know.
To Dos:
You might be scared of our safety during that night, but I wasn't scared the whole time because of you. You are really the calm to my chaos.
AND AS WHAT WE CONCLUDED DURING THE WEE HOURS OF THE DAY:
GOD REALLY PROTECTED US THE WHOLE TIME, EVEN IF WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT DURING THAT MOMENT.
I'm excited to spend a lifetime of adventure with you!
0 Comments